Monday, January 22, 2018

Pancake & Sausage on a Stick - Cheap$kate Review

My latest Deal of the Day should not be so good. I think you can understand my suspicion of any meat that's on a stick from a frozen deli case.


But I am a fan of McDonald's McGriddle, a hybrid breakfast sandwich with a pancake bun that's injected with maple sryup. I like my McGriddle with egg and a sausage patty.

So when I saw Pancake & Sausage on a Stick by Snapps  in my local Dollar Tree deli case, I just had to get it. The concept of a breakfast corn dog rang my bell.

And you can check out my Deal of the Day cheap$kate video review at the end of this blog post.


And you get 2 pancake/sausage corn dogs for a buck, Wow!


This is an easy breakfast, just zap it in the microwave for a minute. You want it to be hot to the touch, so you know the inside sausage link is defrosted. Mine was ready in a minute, I might have added a couple of  10 second microwave bursts to finish.


I was quite impressed with the pancake envelope. It was spongy and light like a typical pancake you would make from the box, or even get at a local breakfast joint. I mean nothing out of the ordinary, and that's a good thing.

The pancake was a little over-sweet, but that's because no packet of maple syrup was included. Now, who ever has pancakes without syrup?


I guess I could take off a couple of points for a lack of syrup, but I think everyone has leftover  maple syrup in the refrigerator anyway. I had mine with it and boy did it take it over the top.

Maple syrup not included in box.

For my typical pancake stack with bacon or sausage, the best part is sloshing the meat into the syrup. Well with this all-in-one meal on a stick you do the same without utensils.

The sausage link is standard Farmer John's or Jimmy Dean breakfast sausage. Course ground and a little fatty, but that's okay by me. Seasonings are light and the flavor mildly pleasing.


All in all I was quite taken with this guilty pleasure of a start to my day. The pancake shell was not soggy, just springy in texture  and slightly moist. Even the sausage reheated well, not dried out or tough.

Well, by now you can tell I'm giving my latest Deal of the Day, Pancake & Sausage on a Stick by Snapps, a high Cheap$kate Dining score, of 1 to 9, 9 being best. Just watch the video below to get all the goods. 


Play it here, video runs 2 minutes 27 seconds.

My YouTube video link for viewing or embedding, just click here.

1 comment:

RAP Master said...

Got mine at 99c Only stores. I agree, cheap, tasty and quick.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...