Monday, October 9, 2017

Chicken Tinga Bowl - Leftovers Series

Some recipes are better served as leftovers. And my Latin-flavored Chicken Tinga recipe fits the bill. Chicken that's cooked in smoky chipotle red chiles in adobo and tomato sauce tastes better over time. Click here to see the recipe, or watch my recipe video at the end of this blog post.

Chicken Tinga

It's an intense taste that you can soften with the addition of pinto beans and rice. And keep the flavors building by adding chopped onion, cheese and sprigs of cilantro. It's basically a bowl of chile with all the toppings, and more.

Chicken Tinga is one of my go-to recipes when I have a backyard patio party. I just set out a steaming bowl of slow cooked Mexican stew, with a pile of tortillas and homemade salsa, and let the guest build their own.


I usually have a pot of pinto beans on the stove that has been filling the kitchen with it's soothing aroma. Some gluten averse guests will skip the tortillas and make a simple Chicken Tinga Bowl.

Chicken Tinga Bowl

I don't always have leftovers, but when I do I like the addition of my Mom's Mexican Rice. Saute a little onion and garlic, then tint the rice with a tablespoon of tomato paste. Mexican Rice and Pinto Beans (from a can or homemade) are the base to any Leftover Bowls, like my Carnitas Bowl I made a while ago, here.
Homemade Pinto Beans - Video Recipe


So, start the bowl by heating up the beans, rice and Chicken Tinga in the microwave, or stove top.



I like a little crunch from fresh chopped red onion, finishing the Chicken Tinga Bowl with melty cheese and brightly flavored cilantro.


You can gild the lilly by adding your favorite spicy salsa. So click on any recipe name above to get all the tasty details and make your own Chicken Tinga Bowl.

Chicken Tinga - Video Recipe


1 comment:

B. Keene said...

Have to try this ! Yum !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...