Friday, April 26, 2013

Cheap$kate Dining Video - KFC's Chicken Littles Sandwich

A chicken sandwich for less than a buck-fifty shouldn't taste this good. But KFC's Chicken Littles sandwich has a pedigree: it was first introduced over 20 years ago. Honestly I don't remember ever having one, but I suspect it was a larger sandwich. The present-day Chicken Littles sandwich is more like a slider -- it's small but still packs a lot of flavor.


If you were here last week then you saw my video review of Top Chef Master Ludo Lefebvre's fried Chicken Tenders from his Ludo Truck. Not the best bite, but just okay -- I thought Ludo could learn a seasoning lesson from the real masters of fried chicken, KFC. So here is my Cheap$kate Dining video review, which is at the end of this post.

The Chicken Littles sandwich is made using KFC's Extra Crispy recipe, not their Original one (which I prefer,) and the fillet is white breast meat. The coating is well seasoned, although, like all fast food, on the over-salted side. While the chicken tender is not freshly fried, the white meat is still moist and tender.


Like a stripped-down classic car in primer, there is no fancy pinstriping -- the presentation is simple: just a small hot dog-like dinner roll with a bit of mayo and a couple of pickle slices for a buck twenty-nine, plus tax. That's it.

If you have enjoyed KFC's Snackers sandwich (I made a PSA comedy video featuring one, here,) this is for you. Chicken Littles use plain tasting mayo, while Snackers had a spicier black pepper mayo, plus shredded lettuce.


For a tasty bite when you're on the go, I can recommend this sandwich. To see my Cheap$kate Dining rating of 1 to 9, 9 being best, just play the video below.

KFC's Chicken Littles Sandwich - VIDEO

Play it here, video runs 1 minute, 30 seconds.

99 thanks to Bob McGuinness for his camerawork.
To view or embed from YouTube, click here.


1 comment:

Dinahsoar said...

Did not know these existed. Since I'm a cheapie and especially so when I eat fast food I'll have to give this a try. Thanks for sharing all you do on this blog. It's a staple in my blog reading.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...